Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Natasha... wow.


I got back from drinks at the Salem Beerworks to read the very sad news about actress Natasha Richardson's death from a skiing accident. This came to me as a surprise, so I of course called Erin, and she was just as surprised and saddened.

I'm a big fan of her work and of her as a person. White Countess I thought was underrated, and her turn as Sally Bowles in Cabaret was great and showed the raw emotions that Liza Minnelli just could not. She just seemed like such a class act. Her whole family appeared that way. Hard-working and incredibly talented people. And it seems so horrible and tragic that all of that was cut short at a (relatively) young age due to a freak accident.

My heart goes out to her sister, her mother, Liam Neeson, and their two sons. Wow, oh so sad.

To close this, which doesn't seem to have much substance but is me re-expressing sadness, I thought I'd end with some of her work. End on an appreciation of her talents, right?

Below is Natasha singing Maybe This Time from Cabaret. Your talents and grace will be missed indeed:

No comments: