Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Lindsay Weir makes me cry

Tonight I had dinner with some friends/coworkers, and the subject of tv shows we liked growing up came up. Freaks and Geeks came up. While I didn't find this show until last year, I feel like it sums up a lot of what I felt in high school and early college. I can't stress enough how much I love this show, and wish I had it on DVD.

Anyways, I mentioned that the last scenes of this series make me cry every time. Lindsay getting on the bus to The Grateful Dead's ripple... it gets me. Just picturing it in my head makes me well up. Because everyone knows that her relationship with her family is changing, and she's drifting away from her old life. And we're never going to see that trip she's going to take into adulthood. And her family loves her, and want her to stay in that one moment, but know that she needs to grow and make her own decisions. Or at least that's how I read it. And then she gets on that bus and... well, I won't ruin the end in case people haven't seen it. But it's moving and heavy and crying-filled.

I tried to find it on Youtube, but sadly it's not on there. So instead, here's a live version of the song. Very nice version, and a higher quality. I'm a big fan.

No comments: