Monday, March 2, 2009

The cherry pie hat

So here is the post I've been meaning to put up of my cherry pie hat. So Erin a few years ago jokingly asked for a cherry pie hat. I told her no, since I had no clue how to make one. So she sent me patterns for things that are cherry pie, but not hats. Or baby hats. I kept firm and said no, and she decided to keep bringing it up and leaving me voicemails in funny voices requesting said hat.

Well, for Erin's 25th, I decided to play into her whims and make said hat. I designed the pattern myself, with a lot of help from my knitting group, and got it done on time. My arms KILLED from all the bobbles for a few days afterwards. But I got it done just in time, and gave it to her for her birthday. And she loved it.

Below are some pictures of said hat. Enjoy!

A work in progress. Showing off how far I had gotten while working on it at work. Just a few rows of bobbles and some crust.

Finished the hat at 11pm the night before her birthday. Modeling in my kitchen.

Pretending to take it out of the oven. I was a little slap happy at this point...

Erin models her pie hat, and her boyfriend Matt groans that I gave into her whims.

No comments: