Friday, February 24, 2012

MFT Day 23: New Beginnings

Friends and readers will know that part of the reason I'm focusing on things I like for the next 30 days is because January, for all intents and purposes, blew chunks.  What is the highlight of awfulness for me was the loss of Millie and Coco.  I'll admit it:  I'm still sad about Millie.  A memory will pop in my head or I'll see a Weimaraner on the street and find myself being sad.  I know it'll fade with time -- I was the same way when Penny died -- but it's still quite sad.

But we can't dwell and live in the past, and it's important to move on emotionally and also open your heart to new pets and experiences.  And so I introduce my parents' new dog... Sandy:





Sandy's about 3 months old, and a mix of a wide array of dogs.  She was adopted on Wednesday and is slowly and quietly getting used to her new digs.  She's very sweet, with hints of being feisty, but down to her core she is a snuggle bunny.  We're all quite taken by her.


And if you were wondering, no she is not named after the dog from Annie.  She's named after Sandy Bay and because we live near the beach.  And unlike another Sandy I know... she won't pick up a n'er do well on the beach in the summertime for a summer fling that turns into a high school fling.



No comments: