Friday, February 10, 2012

MFT Day 11: Trader Joe's Super Spinach Salad


I work a few doors down from a Trader Joe's, so more often than not instead of packing a lunch I'll just go to Trader Joe's to get yogurt or something microwaveable.  A lot of Trader Joe's prepared foods leave little to be desired (I'm looking at you, sandwiches) but they tend to have really great salads.

My coworker turned me onto their Super Spinach Salad.  It is amazing.  There are a lot of calories to it, but everything that's in the salad is really good for you, so I think it's just a meal that fills you up and packs a healthy punch.  Spinach.  Quinoa.  Edamamme.  Chickpeas.  Sunflower seeds.  Carrots.  Cranberries.  It's SO GOOD.  I could eat it every day.

If you are near a Trader Joe's, I highly recommend getting this salad for lunch or dinner.  You will not regret it.

1 comment:

Mary @ Fit and Fed said...

I love Trader Joe's Super Spinach Salad. I often have a lot of those ingredients, like chickpeas, sunflower seeds and cherry tomatoes in my salads at home. I often sprinkle home cooked chickpeas over salad for extra protein. I made my own recipe for a home version of Trader Joe's Super Spinach Salad complete with carrot ginger miso dressing: you can find it on my blog if you are interested. My husband actually makes his salads at work. He keeps beans and other ingredients at work and stops at a nearby grocery store for bagged lettuce-- TJ's of course has a great selection of salad mixes. I like both the arugula and the herb salad a lot.