Monday, June 22, 2009

Yet another movie based on a children's book to nerd out about


Twitter is all... well... a-twitter (sigh) with the release of some photos from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. They are, in a word, amazing:



I love Burton's eye for detail and texture. I also love that he can create a dark feel with such vivid colors. Johnny Depp, ever the chameleon, will be creepy and amazing I'm sure. Helena Bonham Carter, will be terrifying, but also I'm sure thanking her lucky stars that she's sleeping with the director since she keeps getting these cushy roles in each movie. And I'm further committed to the idea that there is no one more lovely looking than Ann Hathaway.

The concept art is also incredible. Burton clearly will have his own crazy world, just like he does in every movie, filled with great scenes and art. Even with a movie that's trapped in Suburbia (Edward Scissorhands, I'm looking at you) I feel he creates his own crazy universe. And I love that.

I then went online to look at the rest of the cast list on IMDB, and HOLY HELL THIS WILL BE AMAZING. I list:

Michael Sheen (Frost/Nixon, The Queen) as The White Rabbit
Alan Rickman (Sense and Sensibility, Harry Potter) as The Catepillar (interesting choice)
Christopher Lee (Lord of the Rings) as The Jaberwock
Crispin Glover (GEORGE MCFLY) as The Knave of Hearts
Timothy Spall (Peter Pettigrew in Harry Potter) as The Bloodhound (he kind of looks like one, should be good)
Noah Taylor (the dad in Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) as The March Hare
Stephen Fry (Jeeves and Worcester, narrator in Hitchhiker's) as The Cheshire Cat


This, along with Where the Wild Things Are, makes my heart a-flutter. I also realize that layout-wise, this is a very bad post, but I wanted to capture all the images out there. If you want to see HBC and Ann Hathaway, go to the link I provided up top.

Click on Johnny Depp to look up close at the various textures and affects he has going on, because it's pretty awesome. How creepy but fantastic does he look?!

No comments: