Friday, June 5, 2009

I blame Mechanized Death for this bad dream


I woke up in the middle of the night with the strangest "bad" dream and a strong desire to blog about it.

Friendly's was closing.

I'm no the biggest fan of Friendly's, but it holds a soft spot in my heart. There was one in Gloucester, and I spent a lot of time there in middle and high school after school plays or bowling. And who doesn't love a good Fribble, the made-up word that's a frappe?

I don't think I've been to a Friendly's in years, but the idea of the store closing made me sad at 3am. More like an "aww" moment. Then I went back to bed and didn't think about it again until I woke up and thought "did I have a dream that they're closing Friendly's?" and went to the internet. Sure enough... they're not. Friendly's is fine. All is well. Just a very vivid and crazy dream on my part.

Though now I do really, really want a fribble. I might get one when driving around, and report back if it's as good as I remember them to be. I'm guessing not, but we'll see.

Also, I'm amused at how retrospective this blog has been in the last two days.

No comments: