Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Check out my sweet ink

Before I begin, I want to say that I probably will never get a tattoo in my life, but sometimes it's fun to ruminate on the subject and try to figure out what I'd get.

I decided I'd want something that had a lot of personal meeting (i.e., no stupid dolphin or flower or tramp stamp) and would be subtle. So probably on my hip or foot. While I've always liked how they look on your ankle. I want something I could cover up easily if need be for a job interview. And have I mentioned how dumb the tramp stamp looks? Yeah...

So if I were to get a tattoo, I'd get the Armenian letter L:

At this point, you may be thinking "...wtf? Really?", but let me explain. My last name starts with the letter L, along with my brothers (and my dad). And my mom and stepdad's first names both happen to start with the letter L. And my stepdad is of Armenian descent, and I've grown to like the culture and feel close to that side of my family. So it's a way to tie together all my family in one letter, you know?

I realize it's a kind of simple character, so I'd probably find ways to spice it up. Like have it be a neat color, or maybe have some design work around it. But again, not sure. We were talking about tattoos last night at Pub Trivia, and also on Monday at bowling, so it made me think more on this again.

And while were on the subject, here are two of my favorite tattoos I've come across.

Marc Chagall's Time is a River:


And Le Petit Prince's Prince with birds:

Soooo cool!

1 comment:

one little journey said...

le petit prince with flying birds ink is awesome! love it!