Sunday, January 23, 2011

2010's best pics: #1 (it's a tie! Part 1)

When reviewing all of my pictures, I thought I had a clear #1, but when when re-reviewing them, I was torn between two shots and wasn't sure which one to make #1 and which one would be #2. So I decided that this is my game and my rules, so there are two #1 pictures of 2010. Deal with it, Cate Blanchett.

#1 part 1: Russell Orchard. Ipswich, MA.
It's another image from when Ricky and I went to Russell Orchard last fall. I'm particularly proud of how it turned out. Clearly, there's not much background you need to know. Also, #10 is the same day as this shot, so if you read the #10 post, you know the background. But in short: we're picking apples, and Ricky is showing off one of the apples we picked.

I love that I got the exact photo I wanted. I wanted the apple to be in focus, so you can see all the flecks and details on the skin, but that Ricky to be out of focus and obscured slightly by the apple, but that you can still tell it's him. And it worked. The colors are all great, with the blues and greens of the orchard and Ricky's read sweatshirt. And his body language is perfect. I love that he's naturally holding the apple with only two fingers. It's so perfectly exactly what I wanted in a picture.

So, in short, this picture captures one of my favorite day trips with Ricky and a perfect Fall New England day.

No comments: