Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama speaks, I have goosebumps, am still crying, and am excited.

I am cozy in bed now, as it's almost midnight. I got up to comment on the speech and upload photos. And I'm still crying.

I love what he had to say about his wife, Michelle. Crying mess there. Maybe it's because of my upbringing, but I love it when I see happily married couples who love and support each other.

I also like how he's making good on his promise to his daughters that if he won, he'd get them a puppy. You know they're thinking "yaaaaaaayyyyyy" in their heads.

I'm also horribly sad that none of his parents or grandparents are alive to this day for him. I know they're watching down on him, but how horribly sad. Especially since his grandmother just died yesterday. But on this day, don't you want your parents and the family closest to you around you to celebrate and embrace this with you? I know he has his wife and daughters and Michelle's family, but I just wish his grandmother could have seen it.

His speech is giving me goosebumps.

No comments: