Thursday, November 6, 2008

Let Freedom Ring!



While I am still thrilled about how the election went, there's one little hiccup... Prop 8 in California. As evidenced by a previous blog post, we here at Hot Pants for Shuffleboard are allll about gay rights. I myself am not gay (as evidenced by how many posts have the tag "exboyfriends") but I think that the way this country on the whole treats anyone who is as a sub-par citizen is atrocious and wrong. I am lucky to live in a state where same sex marriage is legal, but the fact that this is NOT universal is wrong and we should be ashamed of ourselves as people.

So when I read about Prop 8 in California, I was livid. Then... when I heard it passed.... I was even MORE livid. IT'S JUST SO WRONG.

Who are you to say, California, that just because a loving, committed, healthy, and working relationship that just so happens to be between two men or two women, it's considered wrong and should be banned from getting the same rights as everyone else.

If you just so happen to be a citizen of that state and voted yes on this... SHAME ON YOU. SHAME ON YOU TENFOLD.

Then I read on a blog I enjoy reading for kicks -- Off Beat Bride -- that there's this thing where blogs can post a picture of them wearing their wedding rings on their middle finger to say F you to Prop 8. Brilliant, as I do have a blog and can easily do this...

...minus the whole wedding ring part. But not dampened by this, I instead just posted a picture with my daisy ring which I wear on that finger, and then the one I wear on my middle finger.


So fuck you, California, Propostion 8, and all the jack asses who voted Yes. LET FREEDOM RING!

No comments: