Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Morning After

Not as hungover as I thought I'd be, but that's the magic of coffee, folks.

I also called all of ZERO exboyfriends. Proud day right there.

I'm just so happy and pleased. I feel like this is the first election I was a part of that had so much political weight behind it and that I could see that my voice was heard and see the change happening.

Are all the problems America is facing right now going to go away? No. We have a lot of work ahead of us in the coming months and years, but I think this is a right first step. I feel hopeful and confident that we'll be moving in the right direction.

I'm also glad that this was not an election that was drawn out or contested. It was neatly over and finished by 11pm. I think that also helped not divide the country. We need to be unified.

But now I'm back at work, drinking lots of coffee, and looking forward to pizza and cupcakes tonight for my mom's birthday.

No comments: