Friday, November 21, 2008

Are you kidding me? Seriously?

Ohhh AIM, how you manage to cause so many problems sometimes.

So because I'm at a tech company, and sometimes it's easier to be on IM to ask each other questions than get up from our desks to do it (maybe it's not the tech company part, but the "we're lazy" party?) I have a few key home/college friends on my buddy list to chat with when I'm at work. This also includes... exboyfriend Justin.

I clicked on his name today to see what was his deal (he is almost never on) and it said something like "Singer songwriter extraordinaire, teacher, bartender... homeowner?"

And I thought... are you kidding me?

Not that I'm sour grapes, but he's buying a house? He has his life that much more together, or at least his finances as well all know that perhaps his personal life is a shambles, that he could feasibly buy a house? I also realize that doesn't have car loans, probably very small student loans, lives in Central Mass, and has cheaper rent, but how is this possible?

I feel like things somehow come very easy for him from time to time. Or maybe this is just the wake up call for me to get my finances in order so that I can also try to swing these unreachable things. I don't know.

It's not that I do not want things to come easy for him, or for him to be miserable all the time, but I also don't want to feel like I'm living paycheck to paycheck, and he can make these investments. I don't know, it caught me off guard.

I talked to Tim about it, and I quote:

Me: It just blows my mind
Me: Maybe he has a sugar mama
Me: Like a cougar
Tim: Oh I bet he does
Tim: Except not a MILF cougar
Tim: A bad kind of cougar

No comments: