Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Turkey Day Eve

$20 there'll be a year I end up eating popcorn, toast, and jelly beans.

Thanksgiving is, by far, my favorite holiday. It's about friends and family, eating, no gifts, a four-day weekend, and eating. I don't feel the pressure to spend or give gifts. Just spend time with loved ones and give thanks for my health and happiness.

This year, I'll be spending the meal with my dad, dessert with my aunt, and the after party at Emile's house with Ricky and his crew. Last year, we got tickets to the Symphony, so it'd be nice if that worked out again, but I'm not sure that'll work out this time. I may also be trekking back to Salem to feed my fish, since we never figured out how to make sure the little guy doesn't starve over the weekend.

Thanksgiving also feels like the beginning of the holiday season and the beginning of the end of the year. The next month will be crazy, with gum surgery, dinners with dear friends, holiday parties, movies at the Brattle Theatre, Christmas, Vermont, and New Years. So I hope that the last month ends the year nicely.

I won't be making dessert this year, since I'll be spending the night before Thanksgiving at my mum's house. And I'm not sure if I'll be posting this weekend. I may just blog later on today at work and call it a day. I have some ideas for what to write about, never you fear.

No comments: