Saturday, November 20, 2010

There's a chill in the air, an egg in the nog

So noggy...

Every November for as long as I can remember, I get pumped for the re-emergence of my favorite holiday drink. That would be Hood's Golden Egg Nog. I'm a purist when it comes to my nog. I love Hood and I only get Golden. No pumpkin or vanilla. Just the Golden.

When I was little, that much richness was too much for my little stomach, so my mom would dilute it with milk. I remember being super pumped for the day when I could stomach straight nog.

This may be the little kid within, but I like mine straight. Rum gives it a different flavor that I'm not too crazy about.

Puelo's makes a pretty decent egg nog, especially since it's all natural and made only in Salem, but another part of me loves the classic Hood version. Straight from the carton with some shaved nutmeg on top? The best.

This post didn't have much substance, more to say I'm excited for the next month or so of enjoying Egg Nog.

No comments: