Friday, November 5, 2010

Podcast for your Friday

TBTL interviewed Ben Gibbard from Death Cab for Cutie/Postal Service yesterday. It was an awesome, awesome interview.

I'm not crazy about Death Cab, but I think I may need to warm up to them because of Ben Gibbard after this interview. He's warm, charming, funny, engaging. He had opinions on Hertz, Trader Joe's, free music streaming, music, For Loco, and everything in between. (note: He refused to speak about his wife and Owl City, which I actually really appreciated) Unlike some of Luke's other interviews, he wasn't stand-offish at all, which was a RELIEF. Definitely check it out here. Side note, he looks just like my friend Brendan.

Here's my favorite Death Cab song.



Ben also sang a cover of this Velvet Underground song, which was so so so great. He added a lot of sweetness to it.

No comments: