Sunday, November 21, 2010

Christmas crafts


Today Ricky and I were discussing how we want the place to look for our first Christmas living together. This included how the tree would look, ornaments, and stockings. We decided to each fill the other one's stocking. I'm also going to get Alva a stocking and give him something in it. (him not dying so far is enough to put him on Santa's good list, as far as I'm concerned).

After some browsing of Martha Stewart Living, I know I want felt stockings. There's something charming and homey about them. I also like the simplistic look of blocks of colors. With this in mind, I did some light internet browsing to try and find some pre-made ones. They're either wicked expensive or don't exist. Hm.

Looks like I'm in the market to make stockings. I figure I'll get lots of felt, bric-a-brac and other classic trims, and some interesting buttons. Has anyone made a stocking before? I'm also nervous since my sewing machine is still acting up, but I'm pretty sure it'd be minimal sewing or even hand sewing.

Who's made stockings before? Any encouragement?

No comments: