Sunday, February 8, 2009

Tee Hee Hee

It is no secret to my closest friends that I am a subscriber to match.com. Desperation? Perhaps. But it's also the middle of winter, freezing cold, I don't like always going to bars, and all my friends are in relationships? More like it.

A few months back, an EXTREMELY attractive dude crossed my radar on this site. Like, he was just very pretty to look at, and interesting to read about.

While scrolling through his photos, however, I noticed something... that my old roommate/friend Meg WAS IN THE BACKGROUND OF A PHOTO! It was dark, and in the background, but it was definitely Meg. I got very close to the screen to make sure I was right... and oh yes, I was. Quite bizarre.

I tried emailing him, and he shot me down, based on the fact that I live in the boonies, so I moved on.



Fast forward a few months, and I was in the city with Meg and a few others, and I told her this story, and she thought it was hilarious. I'm glad my crazy life entertains others.

2 comments:

MB said...

I have a friend-girl who was on match, but she didn't end up meeting her email quota or something like that. She had more creepy experiences than positive ones anyway. Why not throw your hat in the ring for a date with Special Ed? :-)

PS, I fell in love with the passive aggressive letters site. genius.

Landry said...

I think my lack of being Canadian would be a factor, and I think he's like 15-16 years older than me. It's definitely a breeding ground for creepy people.

And yes, that PS notes site is awesome!