Saturday, February 14, 2009

Trolling the streets, and whining about how my friends are 90% in relationships

Tonight's musical entertainment is brought to you by Phil, as in Phil Collins.


At someecards.com, there was a card describing how it's unfortunate that V Day is on a Saturday this year, so I can't fake working late to mask not having any plans. This is, in my opinion, one of the more accurate statements I've come across in awhile.

One of the more unfortunate things about having about 90% "in relationship" friends is that on stupid holidays like this, yours truly is often trying to find plans by herself. Yours truly is also trying not to stab girls who get stupid on VD and gush about getting flowers and candy and love and puppydogs on this day as well, but that's another story for another day.

The morning began with getting a much-needed haircut. My hairdresser gave me a flower, and I thanked her for it. I didn't have the heart to tell her that this would probably be my only gift on this day.

Tonight, I am mixing it up by trekking into Cambridge to see my friend Brian play in a band that's playing love song covers. This is mixing it up because I don't normally do this, I'm going alone, and I might be trolling for a dude. I keep checking the invite list to see what the guest list looks like, and it seems very girl-heavy. Not ideal, but could work out. Maybe there'll be a nice little hipster there, looking longingly into his PBR.

Tomorrow, I hope to be back onto my regularly scheduled program of being a third or fifth wheel and not trying to zone out when my friends tell me about all the roses and bears and candy and pet names there are. Or I'll just be hungover. Toss up, really.

No comments: