Saturday, April 25, 2009

Somewhere right now...

...my mom is singing this song about me to herself.



She's not a big Carpenters fan. Far from it. But every birthday card I receive, and every birthday, she sings the bridge to me:

On the day that you were born
The angels go together,
And decided to create a dream come true.
So they sprinkled moon dust in your hair of gold
And starlight in your eyes of blue.



So, as you may now tell, today is my birthday. It's also my champagne birthday (25 on the 25th). I don't usually like to celebrate and promote my birthday (last year I worked then went to the DMV to get my license renewed... and that was about it) but this year since it's on a weekend and it's a big one, I am going bowling with some good friends in Boston, then probably getting a beer or two at The Burren. I'm looking forward to all of this. I'll probably share stories from it.

No comments: