Thursday, April 23, 2009

Out and about

Movin' right along, foot-loose and fancy free.
Gettin' there is half the fun; come share it with me.


Tomorrow will be a big day of work, mainly because I'll be doing something I've never done before at my job. I am being sent to train an institution on site with a Sales Rep. I've done a lot of training for my job in the past, but I've always done it via a web conferencing software. So this is big.

I got asked to do this about a month or so ago, and I can't believe this day is already here. I've been researching the site and the customer, as well as getting a script ready. I also made several press kits they can take home with them, and have posters and magnets. Lots of fancy pants swag.

I'm both nervous and excited. Excited because this is a big step and responsibility, and a change I think I could use. Nervous, though, because this is outside of what I usually do. I'm going with one of my favorite Sales Rep, which I'm looking forward to. I had a test run of the training, and it went well and I got some very good feedback to use for tomorrow.

So it'll be a day of the open road (The Mass Pike) and talking directly to the people and the children about how to research DIY projects and career and college paths they want to take. Here's to hoping it goes well!

Oh, and any interesting stories I do plan on blogging about when I get home. But tomorrow it'll be a quiet day on HPFS and twitter since I'll be away.



Oh, and then following this training I'm going to 99 cent hot dog day at Top Dog with the family. Good times!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cannot wait to hear all about this crazy trip!