Saturday, April 11, 2009

Someday when I'm older and more settled...

I want to trade in my hand mixer for this:



Cooks and bakers know what this is, a much coveted and loved KitchenAid Mixer. You know you've made it when you have one. They're several hundred dollars, but worth every penny. They're sturdy, dependable, mix like a charm, and all around awesome.

Erin has one, as does my Mum, and they both rave about theirs. I think if I got one, I'd use it enough to make it worthwhile, but I'm also not sure now is the time for me.

I currently have a hand mixer which kind of sucks. I'm pretty sure the person who gave it to me decided to go as cheap as possible so he could purchase more leather furniture for his living room and to continue to not pay for one of his kids' tuition. But I digress.

Right now, with my goal of GSD and buying a bike for myself this summer, I can't justify buying a KitchenAid Mixer for me. So someday, maybe I'll get one for myself. Or I'll be dating someone who will buy me one. Or if I ever get married it will be on my registry and someone will get it for me.



So right now I'm putting my money on option 1. But when that day comes... it'll be awesome. Me and my future cats will love said mixer. (I'm tired and cranky, hence all the "dying alone with cats" references. Also, my "n" button is sticking on my laptop, which is annoying.)



Also, this is coming up because I spent all afternoon making cupcakes for Easter. They're very tasty. I'll be posting the photos of the whole process later on this weekend.

No comments: