Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Can't Get Enough of that Wonderful Duff


This past weekend, my very good friend Tim came up north from Virginia to wine and dine with friends and family. I think it's best to have a play-by-play of what foods we ate and what alcohol we consumed.

--On Friday, we got Brazilian BBQ in Woburn. It was delicious. Then again, what isn't great about swords of meat being brought over to your plate and them slicing off as much meat as you can handle? Exactly. Nothing. We also had rum-based drinks with lots of lime. Like a sweeter and less minty mojito.
--We then went to Richardson's at Jordan's to get ice cream. I got Heath Bar, my kryptonite.
--Tim also got jelly beans, which we ate later at his house as a part of "jelly bean roulette".
--We then went to Tim's house and drank Carlo Rossi jug wine around a fire bit and played Jelly Bean Roulette. This is where you have to guess what flavor a bean is. Mine had an added twist of trying to avoid the pineapple beans so I wouldn't die. Erin helped me with that. There were also jalepeno beans which tasted terribly, but I avoided them.

--Saturday during the day, I went to the NH Sheep and Wool festival, but that's a story for another post, since it was busy. But since this is about food, there I ate a pepper burger, a frappe, and some jerky. Continuing the terrible food string for the weekend.
--When I got back, Tim texted me to say eat Tappas with him in Woburn. So off I went. So we had lots of tappas, several mojitos, and then fish tacos.
--Then back to Tim's house to drink more Carlo Rossi, but because it was rainy we stuck inside.

--Sunday I woke up and felt like I was going to explode, both of food and hangover. Oof.



Is it a surprise to anyone I ran 2.5 miles yesterday to try and work off that much food??

No comments: