Thursday, May 12, 2011

Day 3 of the 30 Day Song Challenge

Yesterday was a brief hiatus in this challenge, because I wasn't at a computer until late at night, and was too tired to think of songs. But I am well rested and back at it. And this is a great choice for today.

Day 3: A Song That Makes You Happy

No, I will not be choosing "If It Makes You Happy".

When I'm stressed, I often turn to music. And the last few weeks/months have been very stressful. So I've been listening to a lot of upbeat, happy, and genuinely fun songs as of late.

The one I'm choosing to highlight is MGMT's Art Is Everywhere. They wrote it and performed it for the TV show Yo Gabba Gabba, which I've sung the praises of in the past. I like that it's under 2 minutes, has a nice message, a fun beat, but is also kind of relaxed, too. Definitely recommend checking out the songs that have been on Yo Gabba Gabba, since it's just as much for adults as it is for children. They make a nice random song on a mix, too.

No comments: