Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 2 of the 30 Day Song Challenge

I have this whole week off, so I'm hoping to bang out a few of these before going back to work.

Day 2: Your Least Favorite Song

This was also difficult because just like there are so many shitty, awful songs out there. I had even written a note on Facebook a few years back highlighting my top 10 least favorite songs. I reviewed it to see if any stood out for this... and they did. But the question was: which one to choose??

I decided on Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline, for a host of reasons. I've found the simple tune annoying for years. There was all this hype about revealing who the song's about... and it was Caroline Kennedy, which is kind of lame. It's overplayed at Sox games and has NOTHING TO DO WITH SPORTS OR BOSTON. I could go on and on.

So Neil, enjoy this brief moment in the sun and on my blog, because I don't see it happening again in the foreseeable future.

No comments: