Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloweens of yesteryear: 2006

I keep telling you, this isn't 'a few birds'! These are gulls, crows, swifts...!

My friends Dianne and Danielle throw a big Halloween party every year. We love costumes, dancing, jell-o shots, and good times. It's also the kind of part where you put a lot of effort into your costumes. We're theatre people, we don't half ass costumes.

This year marks the 5th party and I'm busy sewing and prepping for Saturday. Ricky and I will be going as a couple party, but I won't say what until Saturday when I post pictures. For now, let's remember the last four years of costumes.

2006: Tippi Hedren from "The Birds"

This is a costume I did in high school as well, but when I brought it back I stepped up the effort a little bit. I had a green suit I bought at Bananas in high school, then got fake blood and birds, and applied to my hair, face, and coat. I put my hair up in a poofy 60's do and wore heels. I spent a lot of the party pretending to scream.


Here I am in my old apartment (always weird seeing my first apartment since I haven't lived there in years!) pretending to scream.


And here's a picture of me and my cousin Jennie.

No comments: