Sunday, August 9, 2009

A year of wedded bliss

One of the three times I was in HC magazine was in this picture. The other two were for being employed and a Balinese crane...


Today is the one-year wedding anniversary of one of my best friends, Tim, and his lovely wife, Ann. I can't believe it! Tim is one of my first friends from college -- we had CRAW together and I remember thinking he was far too smart to want to be my friend, and oh was I wrong -- and we've been good friends for the last 7 years. It's crazy to think that I've known them both seven years, too, when typing that.

Tim and Ann went to college with me at HC, and he proposed the fall after we graduated. About two years later, we all convened in Cleveland, OH to watch them get married at 10am in a nice little church, then had an amazing Italian dinner afterwards.

In the year since this day, many things have happened. Tim's continued his graduate studies and Ann her work at GE. They sadly lost both their cat Ali to illness and Tim's grandfather. They gained a copy of The Faerie Queen and a fancy pants typewriter. They also are PREGNANT! I've known for a few months now, but couldn't talk about it, since it was hush hush. But all things seem to be promising and it's almost the end of the first trimester, so I am pleased to say I'll be an honorary auntie in February. I can't wait to spoil my first honorary niece or nephew. :)

Tim's wedding is also where my other best friend from college -- Erin my bizarro twin -- met her boyfriend, Matt. So it's a good time of year all around.

Here's some looking back and looking forward:

August 9, 2008: Tim and Ann get hitched at 10am in a church in Cleveland.

August 8, 2009: Tim and Ann celebrate one year of marriage at their parents' house at a BBQ. They also celebrate their pregnancy and other adorableness.

Me and my two best friends the morning of Tim's wedding.

Me, Jess, and Erin in one of the best/artsy shots of the three of us. All fantastic natural lighting and prettiness here.



And finally, Tim and Ann share a drink. The drink is a Long Island Iced Tea. Hardcore.

Hooray Tim and Ann!

No comments: