Thursday, August 6, 2009

Beer Bread = AMAZING

Last night, I finally got around to making a recipe I've been meaning to try for months. The innovative people at TBTL had a series where they were trying to make recipes for things you can buy in and do a taste and cost comparison. One week was bread. The recipe was beer bread:

3 cups self-rising flour
3 tbsp sugar
3 can beer (or 12 oz. I just used a bottle which happened to be 12 oz.)

1 hr in the oven at 350


No rising. No yeast. No bread maker.


I tried my hand at it last night. I used a bottle of Ipswich Ale.

Here it is before.


And here it is after.




The pictures are dark, but it was SO GOOD. Perfectly cooked. Great crust and quite soft and moist on the inside. I had it with cheese and sausage potato soup, and it was a great thing to dip in.

Fellow Ten suggested apricot beer, so I think when I move and have the money and space for beers, I'm going to try different kinds. IPA? Fruit? Guinness? The possibilities are endless!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

This is brilliant. I'm going to have to try it at home now. Thanks for the post!