Thursday, August 27, 2009

NOT hot pants for packing up all my stuff

Remember when my apartment used to be pretty and clean and organized? Yeah...


It's official: moving sucks.

The nearest and dearest will know that I am moving on Saturday. This has been a somewhat stressful and whirlwind week. Let me try to break it down:

--I've lived here for two years, and in that time I've accrued a lot of stuff. I've been able to purge a great deal of stuff, but a lot of it is stuff I like or want to keep. So it's been a lot of assessing need and want as well as packing up all my life and putting it in boxes. I think it's important to cleanse your life from time to time, but yeah.... THIS SUCKS!

--My roommate has moved out today officially, but also didn't do much in the way of communal cleaning. She also left a plant of hers on the porch. I will name it orphan and raise it as my own.

--It's supposed to RAIN on Saturday. A lot. Like a hurricane. I'm concerned. And researching places to buy a lot of plastic.

--Despite all of this, I have some of the best friends in the world who will be helping me move this weekend. They are an army of awesome. Hoorah.

So I am sitting in my apartment right now, waiting for some PR to turn on. I'm also drinking some red wine to ease into the evening. The red wine may also explain the randomness and lack of flow this post has.

But even though this pre-moving nonsense is stressful, I really think once I get moved and settled, I will be extremely happy. I'm happy to be done with roommates and all that stress, and looking forward to having my own space and making it pretty and neat.

Posting may be sparse until after I move, but I am sure I will have things to share. I also still have a queue of things I want to share, like memories of John Hughes, an Oranjuly show, and the like. Stay tuned.

No comments: