Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Strike up the band?

Today on a drive home from work, listening to Radiohead's The Bends, I started to cry. I was in Hamilton and just crying to beat the bush. I've just been very sad and having a hard time with the loss of Justin (yes, I know he was a douchebag at the end) and all that breaking up crap.

It also hit me that the hour I spend in a car a day isn't helping me. I was listening to The Bends. That Thom Yorke isn't necessarily sunshine and kittens. At a red light, I looked for a happier CD only to find.... Ben Folds and The Arcade Fire. Both great bands, but again... kind of heavy and sad. They were also on heavy rotation when driving to Worcester, so I'm not sure I want to give them playing quite yet.

So in short... I need happier music. But I also don't want love songs. So I need happy non-love related songs. Damn... this might be hard.

No comments: