Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sometimes just a little apple doughnut is all it takes

This week has been just terrible. Every aspect of this week has blown. Work. Personal. All sucking.

Today I had lunch with my friend Kirsten and her best friend/friend from the way-back machine Andrew, which was great. Then I needed to go buy a pumpkin for a party I'm going to tonight so I ran to a local farm down the street for a pumpkin.

I also wanted an apple doughnut. Back in the day when I was little and cute, my mom would bring me and the boys to this farm to get pumpkins, look at animals, and eat apple doughnuts. And they were great. Something from my youth.

So when I went there today, I knew I'd want to get a half dozen for myself to eat over the next week. And not to turn to food to comfort myself, but sometimes it's what you need.

And perhaps this means that my week will be having an upturn: right when I went to get my donuts they had JUST COME OUT OF THE OVEN. So they were warm and fresh and delicious and wonderful. So good.

No comments: