Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 24 of the 30 Day Song Challenge

No worries. Today has nothing to do with a mix Ricky's ever made me.

Day 24: A song that you want to play at your funeral

I've wanted this song played at my funeral since I saw the Concert For George, which is that PBS concert put together in honor of George Harrison about a year after he died. It's a pretty impressive PBS concert, just for the star power they were able to get together for one concert. It was all very sweet and loving.

The concert ends with Joe Brown playing a cover of the song I'll See You In My Dreams, and I'd want that song played exactly how he played it -- a ukulele and a heartfelt singer, with some mellow backing band -- played at my funeral. It's very beautiful and sad and sweet and also hopeful, all at once.



It's not the best version on youtube, but it was one of the few versions that didn't include the scene prior with Paul McCartney making a joke and Dhani Harrison thanking the crowd. Nice moments, but I just wanted the song.

No comments: