Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 23 of the 30 Day Song Challenge

Today's day on the 30 Day Song Challenge is so appropriate!

Day 23: A Song that you want to play at your wedding

This summer, Ricky and I have SEVEN weddings to go to. SEVEN. I also realized that at this point, by the end of 2012, I will have gone to 19 weddings, and that's not even counting the ones I haven't been invited to!

I go to so many weddings, so I spend a lot of time thinking about what works and what doesn't. And I always think about the DJ and what he did right or not. So the songlist has played heavily on my mind.

I already know what I want my first song to be, but I won't be posting that, for fear of someone getting inspired and then making it their first song. If I'm at a wedding of a friend of mine, and they play said song, I'm pretty sure I'll cry on the inside. You can have the same style bridesmaid dress, or the same color schemes, or the same venue, but I feel like first song is so personal and unique.

So instead, I'm posting a song that Ricky and I have mentioned that we want to play a part, either on the dance floor or during introductions. It's also made an appearance on a mix for Ricky:

No comments: