Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 21 of the 30 Day Song Challenge

Stay inside today, everyone. It's supposed to be miserably hot. My plan is to stay inside my air conditioned work until I need to walk next door to get watermelon to eat for lunch, and then walk back... and that's it. If I'm feeling bold, I may walk to the Pru mall and find a few wedding cards, but that's a lot of walking in 100 degrees.

And yes, we're keeping the AC on all day for Lewis. And he had many new ice cubes this morning when we left. So he's a happy little guy.

Day 21: A song you listen to when you're happy

Much like yesterday, it's not like I feel "I'm so happy, I'm going to play X." It more happens to be happening when I'm happy. I think for this, I'll go an odd route. Tomorrow is a special and important day for me, so I'll try to tie it in. Tomorrow I will have been dating Ricky for two years. Two! Neither of us have ever been in a relationship that long or serious, so it's big. We'll be spending it going to our friend Biz's wedding (I mean it when I say this is the summer of weddings).

One of the first things that tipped me off that Mr. Ricky would be a keeper is that on our second date he gave me a mix CD. I had mentioned that I felt soul-crushed at my current job, and since he had also worked at that company (at the same time as me, since we'd see each other at the gym but be too nervous to talk to the other) he related. So for our second date, he nervously gave me a mix called "Anti-Soul Crushing Mix" which had hand drawn pictures of me on the front listening to his CD and being happy. The drawings were terrible, but the mix was awesome.

It was all songs that he loved and made him feel happy. And it was a good clue into his personality and tastes, and I definitely liked what I heard. This was the second song on the track, but really the first, since the first track was a quick instrumental and more to set tone.





Sorry, that was a long explanation to get to this song.

No comments: