Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Pouring out some blackberry jam

Got Biscuits?


I saw on my friend Michelle's wall some sad news coming out of Nashville. It seems The Biscuit Lady Carol Fay Ellison has passed away after 3 1/2 weeks in the hospital at the age of 48. Man! She seemed like such a lovely lady and a riot.

She also made the best biscuits I've ever had in my life. Readers may remember my failed biscuit attempt a few months back. She truly had a biscuit gift, so much so that she went up against Bobby Flay in a throwdown. She lost (which I still think is BS) but still kept her title as The Loveless Cafe's Biscuit Lady.

So thanks so much, Carol Fay, for one of the best meals in my life. When I return to Nashville, I will eat at your restaurant and think fondly of your culinary gifts.

No comments: