Monday, November 9, 2009

When overwhelmed...

One thing Ricky notices about me/finds endearing is that i often have food moods or cravings. Like when I'm stressed or in a mood or whatever. They're usually one of the following: orange juice, potato chips, ice cream, or sandwiches. They usually are fleeting, but necessary.

Well, today was Day 1 at the new job. It consisted of 6 hours of training and trying to retain all sorts of information while traveling to a foreign location where you know no one. Hoping you catch the T on time. Hoping you make a good impression. Blah blah blah. All that new job stuff.

When I got home today, I was pleasantly surprised that Ricky was in Salem eating Thai with a friend of his. I met up with them, had tasty Crispy Pad Thai, talked on the couch with Ricky about my day in great detail, and then treated myself to the craving I had been having due to feeling a little overwhelmed by new information and environments since about 3:30:




Ice cream.


Oh, but I can already tell I will love my job, and that this was a good move for me. In fact, I am very positive about it.

No comments: