Sunday, January 3, 2010

Newsies analysis, by me and Ricky

Christian Bale before he turned into a doucher...

I got Newsies for Christmas from my brother's girlfriend. Ricky and I drank a bottle of red wine while watching it for the first time, and the commentary flew:


I like how Disney's response to 1980's Reaganomics is to make a Communist musical.
~Ricky

Santa Fe in 1890? I bet it's a bunch of depressing Indian reservations.
~Ricky

This is pretty much a little girl's wet dream: cute newsboys singing and dancing.
~Ricky

How can I sell papes if I'm in 18 hours of dance class?!
~Ricky

Horse hijinks!
~Me

Why is Bill Pullman trying to be sexy with Newsies?
~Ricky

There's a creepy albino kid!
~Ricky

If Teddy Roosevelt sings a song, I'm going to shit myself and turn this movie off.
~Ricky (fortunately, he didn't)

It's kind of a Deus Ex Machina ending, but Teddy Roosevelt is God. Everything is going to shit, and Teddy shows up and says "everything is fixed!"
~Ricky

No comments: