Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010: The year of REALLY getting shit done

So... I don't know if you noticed or not... but 2009 was not the year of Getting Shit Done. It was more like The Year of Change. Let us review some of the changes...

I changed jobs. I went from not that great job to super awesome funtimes job. It took well over a year of hunting and secretly seeking out a new job, but it's well worth it. I've been there a month and a half, but it's been so wonderful.

I moved into a 1BR and live on my own. After three years of three different roommates, I ready to be done with living with people for a bit. And I wanted to prove to myself that I could live on my own and be self-sustaining. I will probably be moving back in with someone at the end of this lease (my boyfriend), but it's been a great year of living on my own.

I went to four weddings, one friend got married in city hall, I lost count how many got engaged, three friends had babies, and two are pregnant. Lots of big and great life changes from my friends. So exciting and fun.

And most importantly...

I re-met Ricky. I never would have thought the charming interesting person I met at Patti's house a few years ago and never spoke to for two years at EBSCO would come charging back into my life and I'd fall in love with him. After two years of miss after miss in the dating world, I found someone I can see myself with for a very long time and I am truly content in this part of my life.



So now that I've outlined the change, let's review the shit that needs to get done:

Really pay down/off credit cards. It's going to happen. I know it.

Buy my car. Lease is up in February, and it's time to make The Honda mine.

Start yoga with Ricky. I'm getting a video, and we're going to be spending a lot of time doing yoga.

Make a dress with my new sewing machine. (pictures to come soon of said machine) I've made pillows and a bag is next. I want to make myself sundresses.

Visit DC and/or Nashville and/or Pittsburgh. And definitely visiting Charlottesville. And Connecticut. Lots of friends in lots of places.

Eat better. I've made a lot of new and tasty dishes this year (see? I did get some of my GSD list accomplished!) but that's just the beginning. Time to get better and even more diversified.

Get a bike for Salem! Still would love to have a bicycle so I drive even less.

Be the best bridesmaid ever for Amanda (other than Lyndsey). My best friend gets married in August and I'm in the wedding. Let's show her a hell of a good time.


Let's hope I have a better success rate this time around.

No comments: