Tuesday, January 19, 2010

To end on a good note

I've heard from many reliable sources that 2010 is not the best year ever. A morning radio show I enjoyed got shit canned. My cat has some newly discovered health problems. Yoga is proving to be more difficult than imagined. And now today... Ted Kennedy's seat goes to Scott "I drive a truck" Brown.

Readers of HPFS will know that I may lean more towards... well, not Scotty. So this is not how I hoped to end my day. I will say, though, that I saw Coakley at North Station this morning, and it was quite exciting.

He did win it fair and square, and I think it was a wake up call to my party that we need strong candidates to keep the awesome of 2008 alive. I could continue on, but I try not to get too political on this blog since I feel there are far better blogs out there for that voice, and I am more suited for posts about Salem food and culture, concerts I go to, my dog and cat, and singing the praises of the local Sonic.

But that is not to say that I am disappointed and sad. So instead of ending today on a sad note, I wanted to post some of my favorite songs of the week.

Elliott Smith - LA


Belle and Sebastian - If You Find Yourself Caught In Love

No comments: