Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A very quick 24 hours

I found out today I got the second of the two apartments I saw yesterday. The first guy didn't like that I couldn't move in now, but ah well. It had one closet and it felt like a cave.

I'll be moving to a "studio" in a few weeks. I say "studio" because while it is a studio, the kitchen stuff and place where I'll put my bed are in two different areas.

Signing the lease was nerve-wracking and filled with panic. I've never lived on my own, and the idea of not having someone with me to say "this is a good place" or "we can do this" was scary. But a very adult move. I want to apologize to Tim and Erin for taking the brunt of my fears and freaking out via gchat this afternoon.

I meet my landlord again on Friday to discuss the final details. Then I need to completely pare down all the stuff I own so it can fit. What pieces of furniture do I really want? Should I upgrade certain pieces to be more efficient? Do I keep cable? So many decisions.

I will say this... I will really miss my current apartment. It was a dream to live in. Cozy. Inviting. An AMAZING porch. The best neighbors. But I think my two years have done me well, and all good things must come to an end.

Great ready for a whirlwind of a month!

No comments: