Monday, March 1, 2010

One heck of a Finished Object

THE TAN SWEATER.


I started The Tan Sweater September 2008. Yeah, that'd be a year and a half ago. But many people had babies during that period and I went through a scarf kick, so I kept picking it up and putting it down.

I got about a million hats and scarves done in this time... but not the sweater. Why? Because sometimes a sweater can be daunting, as it's a huge amount of knitting to get done. And sometimes you need that instant gratification of a hat or a scarf. A day or two of work, and wha-bam. Product.


Let's all remind ourselves what was going on a year and a half ago. Obama was not president. I was dating Justin the LARPer. It still worked at the old job. I lived in the old apartment. I wasn't on a bowling team. And so on and so forth. You get it. It was a long ass time ago. And many people thought I'd never finish it. And that this would take forever.

Well, this would appear that way and it did seem like I'd never finish the freaking thing.


Until this weekend.

BEHOLD!!!

I FINISHED THE MOTHER F-ER!


Isn't it lovely?? It's so soft and fits like a dream. I blocked the collar a bit so it wouldn't bump out, but it's great. I am oh so pleased.


I'm also a big fan of the buttons against the color of the yarn. I got it at Loom and Shuttle in Ipswich, and they're leather. I was a big fan of the buttons alone, but on the sweater, they're even better.

Now I need to figure out what the next sweater will be. I'm debating between the British one I bought recently, or the tangled yoke one. One I'd need to buy the yarn, and the other I'd need to buy the needles. Thoughts??

No comments: