Friday, November 2, 2012

Why am I not doing NaBloPoMo this year

I've been hemming and hawing about whether or not I'd challenge myself to blog every day for the month of November.  And Ultimately, I decided not to.  Though it was sad, I think it's best.

I have an insane amount of projects going on.  Getting married in a year.  Completing a fellowship at work.  Training for a 5k in the spring (this time I think it'll actually happen).  Doing a fifty book and movie challenge.  Writing for a new and cool website coming up (more on that later).  And I just felt like the looming personal pressure to blog every day is too much right now.

That's not to say November will be a ghost town (though 2012 has been a big of a ghost town on this blog).  It just won't be every day.  Also, you may have noticed that on dryer days I'll just post a photo or a song, and i always felt like that was cheating.  So if I actually want to post a song, I will.  Just not to post for the need.

So it won't be a daily post, but I still think there's a lot going on in November for me to post often.  I just finished book #5.  I'll discuss the new blogging project I'm taking on.  I'll be watching more movies to discuss.  And I'm sure a lot of pretty photos of the area.  Oh, and did I mention I'll be live blogging the election?  Yep, that's happening again, though perhaps not as booze-filled since we'll be at an election night party.

So keep an eye out for fun things, and get pumped for a lot less random photos or songs on this site.

No comments: