Thursday, November 8, 2012

Election Wrap Up: 48 hours out

It's been almost 48 hours since Barack Obama was re-elected for a second term.  You wouldn't be able to tell that the election was two days ago from the constant stream of news coverage and strategizing STILL going on.  I'm quietly blogging and reading up on things like pretty photos and animals, and not worrying about polls, theories, and states.  Ricky is probably spending more time on the internet budgeting and looking at IMDB.

How do I feel, after my third presidential election that I've been able to vote in?  Now that what seems like 8 years of campaigning is over?

To be brutally honest, relieved it's done with.

I'm relieved that I haven't seen a political ad -- each one nastier than the last -- on tv in two days.

I'm relieved to not have to watch debates or the pundits yell over one another about who's more right or who knows more when it comes to politics.

I'm relieved that my Facebook and Twitter friends are back to constantly putting photos up of their children instead of angry rants about politics and candidates who do or do not support their views.

I'm relieved that Ricky won't be so stressed (full disclosure:  I told him he could start worrying about the 2016 election after Thanksgiving.  He thought that was fair)

But on top of my relief that this whole song and dance is over, I'm also relieved that the candidate that I voted for won.  And that candidates across the country who spread a message of limits towards women's issues or the LBGT community were told by their consituents that their message of limits were not welcomed or supported.

So in closing, I'm happy with the results, but so fucking glad it's all over.


Back to posting photos of Lewis.

No comments: