Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 26 of the 30 Day Song Challenge

Home stretch!!!!!

Day 26: A song that you can play on an instrument

I've been holding off on this post for awhile, mainly because I couldn't find the song I wanted to post on YouTube. So I'll hold off and post another song I can play.

Way back in the day, in a previous life, I played the piano. A lot. I took lessons for about 10 years. I quit because I went to college, and I couldn't juggle it. Letting my skills slip is one of my biggest regrets, and I want to get a piano once I own a house and relearn it all.

I then thought I'd post What A Wonderful World, since it was one of my mom's favorite songs that I'd play, but then every version I could find was... well, to be blunt... kind of shitty. Blerg!

So then I decided to stick to a classic piece that most students learn (no, not Rondo Alla Turca, since it's super annoying). I'm talking about Fur Elise. But instead of a more traditional version, I'm posting the one from The Muppet Show. Deal with it, Cate Blanchett!

No comments: