Saturday, April 7, 2012

MFT Day 28: Wayfarers

I've clearly given up the dream of this being done by Jess' wedding, especially since she was married well over a month ago.

For years, I've been a fan of the big Jackie O-style sunglasses, having many many pairs of sunglasses in that shape.  I liked that the frames were big so they gave lots of sun coverage, and I felt like the big style would be good on my round head.  One thing to know about me:  I go through sunglasses like Kleenexes.  They last a season, and then I either sit on them, someone else sits on them, or they get lost in my car or on a beach, never to be seen again.  I was in the market for a new pair of sunglasses recently -- mainly because the pair I was given as a gift for Jess' wedding fell off my head on the dancefloor and broke -- and decided to take my eye wear in a different direction and try out sunglasses in the shape of wayfarers.

I've always liked the classic 50's look of these frames, but thought that they'd look terrible on my face.  For years I've been slightly jealous of everyone who rocked a pair of wayfarer glasses and looked awesome in them.  So feeling brave and wanting to mix it up, I decided to go for it.  I found a pair at Target and I was pleasantly surprised at how flattering they were and the amount of sunglasses coverage they gave my eyes.  AND the pair I got from Target were only $10!  So that was also a bit of a win for me.

Ricky also recently got eyeglasses that were wayfarers, which he is loving.  We like the retro feel and shape, and I have a feeling these won't go out of style for... well, pretty much ever.  I don't think I'd get eyeglasses that were wayfarers, but I'm definitely digging my sunglasses.


Also, I'd like to point out that I apparently only get sunglasses that the Kennedys like, as evidenced from my photo.

No comments: