Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Don't Let Me Wait Too Long by The Russians with special guests Brian King and Corin Ashley

Last Friday, Ricky and I checked a very good show at TT's that featured The Corin Ashley Quartet, The Russians, and The Figgs. It was a freezing cold night in Boston, and the club brought in a lot of that chill, but the acts were warm and inviting.

Regular readers of this blog will know that I'm a fan of both Corin Ashley and Scott Janovitz, frontman of The Russians. You may also remember him as half of the frontment for The High Holidays, which I raved about last February.

My friend Brian also sat in on both Corin Ashley Quartet and The Russians as their keyboardist and delivered the goods yet again. I know I'm biased, but I really think he'll be a force in the Boston music scene in the years to come, whether as a writer or a performer.

Anyways, one of the many highlights of the night was a cover The Russians and Corin did of George Harrison's Don't Let Me Wait Too Long. Scott channels his inner George for sure, and it's a great song:

No comments: