Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 16 from the 30 Day Song Challenge

We're past the halfway mark! I am glad I'm doing this challenge, it's a nice way to blog and to think up inspiration. Sometimes, I find myself in a rut of things to talk about. Or I'll think "ooo I'll do a blog about all the places in Salem that have outdoor dining!" then realize "no, dummy, you did that last year."

I have some ideas to get back into the food part of my blog. I know there's a lot of other food blogs out there on the North Shore (North Shore Dish, Hello Gloucester or whatever it's called) but it's always fun to return to my college roots and write about food and the local dining culture.

Anyways...


Day 16: A Song You Used To Love And Now You Hate

This one is inspired by a day of cleaning with Ricky where he asked "why do you have Nelly Furtado's Whoa Nelly?" and me replying "because when I was in high school I loved that song so much Pete gave me the CD for Christmas".

That song got old, and I probably haven't popped that CD into its player in like 5 years. It's a song that has its charm in that it reminds me of high school and just beginning to realize what I like with music, but now I realize that it feels a little forced and contrived. There's just so much better stuff out there, but since I don't think Nelly's doing too much these days, I'm not alone in that thought.



Side note, I looked up Maneater by Nelly Furtado, and it's actually kind of catchy.

No comments: