Saturday, February 4, 2012

MFT Day 5: Old friends

It's like that old saying about make new friends, but keep the old.  One is silver and the other gold.

Today I helped several ladies throw Jess' bridal shower.  I'm a bridesmaid in the wedding, and it's exciting to think that her wedding day is arriving in less than a month.  I've meet a lot of nice friends and family of the couple since they got engaged, so I'm glad I'm becoming closer to Jess and Giacomo's friends and family.

The shower went off well.  It was a very classy and pretty affair in Beverly, perfectly pink with many a cupcake to partake in.  We opted for a Saturday tea with snacks, old family teacups, and lots of pink things.  We also had lots of sweets, since the Jess and Giacomo are high school sweethearts.

I've been friends with Jess since 1993, when we were two awkward 9-year-olds in 4th grade.  It's great that we've managed to remain good friends since those days.  There were many guests where I remember being in elementary and middle school with, and it's nice that we've remained friends through the years. 

No comments: