Monday, March 23, 2009

Things I like from Canada

I'll be honest, for awhile even Arcade Fire couldn't make me stop hating Canada for 20 minutes...


So the near and dear know that for the last week I've been struggling through a huge work project that came out of Canada. I've already worked many long hours to get it done, and today I worked 13 hours. Sufficed to say, I'm not a happy camper right now, especially since I know I'll have several more days of this nonsense ahead of me.

On one of my breaks, I was trying to think of things I like that are from Canada. I don't want to write off an entire country, though I'm very close. I came up with the following list:

--My friend Crystal, of the Knit Freak blog
--Bobby Orr (duh!)
--Arcade Fire
--Kids in the Hall
--My mom's side of the family that lives in Nova Scotia
--Andrew Ference
--Degrassi High School
--SCTV
--Hockey
--Tim Horton's coffee and doughnuts
--Seth Rogen
--Michael J. Fox

(Somewhat unrelated, Back to the Future is definitely a movie I could watch at any time and never get sick of it. While some of the cultural references fall flat, that movie does hold up surprisingly well over the years. And is there anyone cuter than a young Michael J. Fox? I think not.)


And that's literally everything I could think of. And some of those things in that list are a bit of a stretch. If this work project get any more stressful, things might get pulled from that list. I'm looking at you, SCTV.


So yeah... stay tuned for some probably even more disgruntled blog posts in the coming days.

UPDATE!
I just got off the phone with my friend Michnya, who informed me that many good things come out of Canada, including our former college professor/Boston Pheonix writer/one of the greatest mustaches ever, Steve Vineberg. So my bad in forgetting to include Vineberg in my initial post. Here's a photo of the man and his (now shaved off) 'stache.

No comments: